Monday, October 1, 2012 - , , , , , 0 comments

Working Out with the Jalapeños

After consulting with the guy who runs the aerobics studio, I taught my first Zumba class tonight...en español!

Sure, I made some mistakes (I'm still learning some of the songs and their dances) but above all, we had fun and everyone was laughing and having a good time. With the guy, we also had 6 ladies attend.

We made a schedule in which I will start teaching two classes a week! After all of us can nail down the moves I'm using now, I'll start incorporating more songs and dances.

Also! The group is also training for a "mock" marathon...in which they're training to do a longer distance running race. I don't think that they're really going to run 26.2 miles (42 kilometers...which is the distance from Jalapa to San Fernando, where another volunteer (another 1/3 of DDT!) friend is located), but we're going to try and put together a race with sponsors.

I'm not sure when we're planning it, but the group is going to do a 10 kilometer (6.2 miles) training run in about 2 weeks, which I was invited to. Of course I said yes!

They're a great group of women and I'm very excited that they're excited about fitness and staying healthy, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment