Tuesday, July 5, 2011 - , , 0 comments

March 18: My First “Peace Corps Journal” Blog Post

March 18: My First “Peace Corps Journal” Blog Post

I have previously posted about my thoughts about the Peace Corps on my main blog (in which I mostly discuss health/fitness/randomness related posts) and what my future may hold.


Here’s the first and last (aka my only two) posts about my interest in the Peace Corps.


Upon looking at the Peace Corps Journal website, I figure I should start my own blog about my process and experience of hopefully becoming a PCV. 


My process up till now:


✔ Application Form Complete
✔ Health Status Review (HSR) Form Complete
✔ Fingerprint Forms
✔ Agency Check Form
✔ References Forms
✔ Volunteer Interview 


Based on my interview, according to my recruiter, I may be best suited for health or youth/community development based projects. Honestly, those were the two programs I was most interested in! I have to do a few more community service hours with the Colorado AIDS Project to be a competitive applicant for the health program, which I’m hoping to complete sooner rather than later. My recruiter said that he’s ready to nominate me NOW but I want to finish my hours with CAP so I can be a more, all-around competitive applicant. 


Other than that? I know Spanish, but I’m really flexible and can go anywhere. It’d be cool to be placed in a country that spoke a language that is completely new to me, I feel like that’s part of the experience! Whether that is in Latin America or Eastern Europe, it’d be exciting!


Here’s to anticipating and taking the next step!

0 comments:

Post a Comment