Saturday, January 7, 2012 - , , , , , 1 comments

This Is It!

The next 27 months of my life packed into 3 bags!

Tomorrow marks my first day of travel for my Peace Corps journey! My parents and I are going to brave the snow and drive to Denver for the night just in time for the football game (Go Broncos!).

Really, Colorado? You had ALL month to snow and you decided to just let your skies open up the day before we hit the road! I know, I know; this is you putting up a fight because I'm leaving. My car put up a fight last week and decided to just break it's timing belt and go to Car Heaven (perfect timing if I may say so myself!).

Rest in Pieces, little buddy!

Monday morning I take my second leg of the trip to Washington, DC. I'm arriving a day prior to the beginning of everything since Peace Corps wants me well rested and set for a full day of Staging on Tuesday.

Wednesday is the big day! We will fly from Washington, DC to Miami and after a 2 hour layover will fly en route to Managua where we will stay until Saturday for a pre-service orientation/retreat. Despite the layover, flying time is roughly 5 hours. Not too bad!

On Saturday, I will travel to my training site (TBD) and meet my host family and on the following Monday, my 11-week Peace Corps training will commence.

I'm still up in the air a little bit of where I'm going and what I'm doing, but I'll be sure and keep everyone updated!

1 comments:

Anonymous January 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Hey there! Congratulations! I watched you open you invitation (that sounds creepy) and decided I wanted to record mine too! I'm cleared for placement and awaiting my invite. Good Luck & Bon Voyage!

Post a Comment