Thursday, October 13, 2011 - , , , , , 1 comments

FINAL REVIEW!

Who’s qualified for Peace Corps service as of today? Who should be getting an INVITATION within the next two weeks?



THIS GIRL!








It was a short interview, maybe 10 minutes, and boy was I sweating “um” bullets!


Questions I was asked:


  • You have been actively applying since March. Are you still interested in the Peace Corps? What motivates you to seek a service position as a Peace Corps Volunteer?

  • What experience have you gained since applying for the Peace Corps? Have you been in touch with fellow applicants/volunteers?

  • Often, Volunteers are placed a fair distance from each other when based in rural areas. How would you handle possibly feeling isolated in this situation?

  • When is the earliest you available for departure?

  • Are you flexible to travel anywhere, even if that doesn’t include your original nomination?

  •  Has your email or mailing address changed – or will it in the near future?

  • Have you had any legal incidents or changes to your medical status since you submitted their application?

  • What has been the response of your family and friends to your decision? How do you feel you will cope with the separation from family/friends for 27 months?

  • Can you ride a bike? Can you walk long distances in heat?

  • Are you worried about safety concerns?

YAY!!!!!

1 comments:

Anthony H. November 27, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Hello!

My name is Anthony and I'm in the process of applying for the Peace Corps. I've received medical pre-clearance and last week, I've answered an questionnaire for my final assessment. I'm trying to figure out where I am on the timeline. Was this interview your final assessment?

Thanks!

Post a Comment